Thursday, February 24, 2011

Certified Copy


I decided to watch the movie at 2 O'clock in the morning. from the first seconds I figured out that this movie is not like Kiarostami's others. the whole environment captured me and carried me away beside Juliet to the alleys of France.
We met an author there,who had been recently succeeded in selling his latest book. It was about the copied versions of masterpieces of great artists. He is a district person and has the world of his own.A world in which no one has the value to involve, to have a role, to be loved!
The whole film rounds about the conversations and duels of Elle and James.
In one restaurant, they are just author and fan, in the other scene, they are a couple and in the end they are just far away from each other.
Kiarostami wants to show the innocent feelings of women, which has been taken for granted these days.Women, in today's life have become men's passion's slaves. not more!
Kiarostami wants to show that no difference you are an Iranian, or French or American, If you were a woman, you will have a fragile life.(we have some exceptions!!)
I can confidently declare that in all the dialogues which are like duels, Juliet has defeated William. all her mimics, gestures, smiles, tones, all of them are in the right place and at the right point. I think it is because of Kiarostami's rehearsal of getting direct acts from actresses in his previous movie Shirin (2008).

On and on, the film was finished at 4 O'clock. I was surprised when the final cast was shown. I just had this in my mind that it has only elapsed 20 minutes of the it and how fast the movie ended but then I realized that Kiarostami once again has hypnotized me and taken me to his outstanding, special world.

Watch it when you need to see beauties and awfulnesses of a couple's life.